David Manganaro, M.D., received his undergraduate degree at SUNY Bimghamton and is a graduate of SUNY Downstate Medical Center. He completed his three-year residency in Internal Medicine at Staten Island University Hospital where he also was Chief Resident for an additional year. Dr. Manganaro became Board Certified in Internal Medicine in 1999.
Dr. Manganaro then went into private practice as an Internist for fifteen years. During that time, he went on multiple trainings in holistic medical techniques which he progressively incorporated into his practice. The impetus to do this was his belief that more could be done for his patients and a desire to help people on emotional / mental / spiritual levels besides the physical level. He feels that approaching a person who is not at ease (a person in dis-ease) at all of these levels will bring about a more complete and longer lasting result. Of note, these special trainings were in addition to conferences in allopathic medicine in order to keep current within his specialty.
Dr. Manganaro received many hours of special training including but not limited to:
- Chelation therapy from ACAM (American College for the Advancement of Medicine)
- Vitamin and Herbal therapy from AHMA (American Holistic Medical Association)
- Oxidative therapies (UVB, peroxide) from IOMA (International Oxidative Medicine Association)
- The PK or lipid protocol from its founder Dr. Patricia Kane
- OZONE & PROLOZONE therapy from Dr. Robert Rowen
- Neural Therapy / Neural Kinesiology (various teachers)
- Pain Neutralization Technique – ongoing home study (Dr. Kaufman)
- SRT (Spiritual Response Therapy) by Karen Kent
- Yogic Cleansing / Detoxification therapies from the Himalayan Institute by Dr. Ballentine
- JMT or Jaffe-Mellor Technique from the founders
- NET or Neuro Emotional Therapy from its founder Dr. S. Walker
- NES or Nutri Energetics System from the USA center in North Carolina
- Touch For Health by its founder Dr. John F. Thie
- Personalized Metabolic Nutrition from its founder Dr. Harold J. Kristal
- N.L.P. Ericksonian Hypnosis
- Reconnective Therapy from its founder Dr. E. Pearl
- Reiki “Master” from William Lee Rand
Dr. Manganaro is also trained in many different meditation and other energy techniques including; Magnified Healing, Healing Touch, F.O.L. Flower of Life Merkaba meditation, Kriya yoga light and sound meditation, mantra use, etc. He also completed two of four years at the Barbara Brennan School of Healing Science.
Dr. Manganaro had worked with Dr. Szulc at Manhattan Advance Medicine from 2007 through 2010 and is versed in all of the procedures and techniques of the practice. He has received direct personal training by Dr. Thomas Szulc in the ACMOS method of testing (BAH) and ACMOS Energy Balancing as well as all the other modalities offered there including homeopathic detoxification.